- Personal data
WHO ARE WE?
Welcome to our La Maison du Chocolat website, published by Orange Business Services (lamaisonduchocolat.fr)
It enables you to know more about the origin and the use of browsing information processed by your use of our site and about your rights.
This Policy is important for you to have a positive experience of our services and for us to respond in a precise and complete manner to your questions about your experience on our site and to take into account your preferences.
- 1. Personal Data
Depending on the services you subscribe to, you may be requested to provide your personal information, some of it would be mandatory and some would be optional.
Each one of the forms present on this Site states whether the information is mandatory or optional.
Data gathered is processed according to the needs and the purposes stated on the forms.
In compliance with the law of January 6,1978 concerning Data Processing, Files and Civil Liberties, you have the right to access, change, correct and delete all data that you have communicated by filling in the forms present on the site. You can exercise this right by contacting:
La Maison du Chocolat
41 rue Paul Lescop
Tel.: 0033 (0)1 55 51 83 00
The individuals, having requested deletion of their personal data, will not be entitled to access all the proposed services and offers when this data is necessary to process their requests.
The information collected is strictly for the use of La Maison du Chocolat.
- 2. Cookies
When you visit our site, browsing data on your device (computer, tablet computer, smartphone, etc.) might be recorded in “Cookie” files installed on your device, subject to the choices you made for managing cookies, which you can change at any time.
WHAT PURPOSE DO THE COOKIES SERVE ON THIS SITE?
Only the issuer of a cookie may read or modify the information that it contains.
Cookies that we issue from our site
When you visit our site, we may, depending on your choices, install different cookies on your device to allow us to recognise your device browser during the period of validity of each cookie. We issue cookies for the purposes described below, subject to your choices, which follow the parameters of the browser application used during your visit to our site.
The cookies that we issue allow us to:
- establish the statistics, level of traffic and use of diverse elements on our site (sections and content visited, path followed), to allow us to improve the appeal and ergonomics of our services ;
- adapt the layout of our site to the preferred display of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our site, and to the hardware and the visualisation or player software that your device uses;
- storing information on a form that you have filled out on our site (subscription or access to the members area);
- give you access to reserved and personal areas of our site, such as our member area, thanks to the identifiers or information that you might have previously given us;
- implement security measures. For example, it will ask you to connect again to the member area after a certain amount of time has lapsed.
YOUR CHOICES CONCERNING COOKIES
There are many ways for you to manage cookies.
Any configuration that you might choose has the potential to modify your browsing on the internet and your ability to access certain services requiring reliance on cookies.
You can choose at any time to set or modify your cookie settings by the means described below.
(a) Agreement to Accept Cookies
The registration of a cookie on your device is fundamentally subject to the choice made by the device user, who can set up and modify at any time without charge through the menu on his browser.
If you accept in your browser application the installation of cookies on your device, the cookies integrated into the pages and contents that you have consulted could be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your Device. They will be readable only to the issuer.
(b) Refusal to Accept Cookies
If you refuse to enable cookies on your device, or if you disable those already installed on it, you will no longer benefit from a certain number of features, which are necessary to browse certain areas of our site.
This will be the case if you wish to access content or services that require us to identify you. This would also be the case when you – or our contractors – could not recognize, for the purposes of technical compatibility, the type of browser used by your device, its language, and display configurations and country from which your device seems to be connected to the internet.
In certain circumstances, we shall not assume liability for the consequences tied to any underperformance of our services resulting from our inability to install or read the cookies which would be required for their operation and that you would have declined or erased.
(c) How to configure your selections depending on the browser you use?
To manage cookies and your selections, the configuration of each internet browser varies. It is can be found in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to know how you would like to manage cookies.
- For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html,
- For Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647,
- For Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html,etc …
- For Cookies "Flash"© de "Adobe Flash Player"™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is a software application that allows rapid development of dynamic content using the "Flash" computer language. Flash (and the applications of the same type) record the configurations, preferences and the use of content thanks to a technology similar to Cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your choices via a different interface than that offered by your browser.
In the event your device would be enabled to display information developed with the Flash computer language, we invite you to access your Flash cookies tools directly on the site http://www.adobe.com/fr/.